Love and family
18 October 2021, Seytoo
Making a Marriage That Works: Rekindling the Flame of Romance with Love, Warmth and Encouragement. The fact that God did not make women and men the same is probably nothing new to you. We all know some of these differences, but others lurk behind the obvious.
Here are ten things men would like women to understand:
1. Men would rather feel unloved than useless and disrespected. Husbands need to know that their wives respect them in private and in public. Men do well when they know their wives trust them, admire them and believe in them.
2. A man's anger is often due to being disrespected by his wife. When a man is angry with his wife, he probably won't say “you disrespect me.” But chances are he was hurt by something his wife did that he considers disrespectful and humiliating.
3. Men are insecure. They are afraid of falling short in life - not just at work, but also at home in their role as husbands. They may never admit it, but inside they are secretly vulnerable. The antidote? To be recognized. For men, being recognized by their wives is most important. If they are not, they will seek this recognition elsewhere. When they regularly experience genuine recognition from their wives (and not flattery), they are more assertive and confident in every area of their life.
4. Men bear the responsibility of providing for the family. Intellectually, it doesn't matter how much a man earns, just as it doesn't matter whether a woman earns more or less in her career. Men simply bear the responsibility of who provides for the family. They didn't choose it; they were born with it. This notion is therefore always present in their minds and can generate the feeling of being trapped. Women cannot remove this responsibility, but can nonetheless make it less burdensome with therapeutic doses of appreciation, encouragement and support towards their husbands.
5. Men want more sex. Everyone's natural reaction to this statement is “No kidding.” But this reaction is undoubtedly ill-founded. Generally, we think that men want more sex with their women because of their biological makeup (their needs). But surprisingly, studies show that the reason men want more sex is because they have a great need to be wanted by their wives. They just need to be wanted. Regular and fulfilling relationships are essential for a man to feel loved and wanted.
6. Sex is more than sex. When a man is desired by his wife, that feeling affects the rest of her life. It gives a heightened sense of confidence and well-being which extends to all areas of one's life. On the other hand, any lack can have a negative effect. When a man feels sexually rejected, he not only feels physically rejected by his wife, but it calls into question his title as husband, breadwinner and man. This is why sex for a married couple is essential!
7. Men have difficulty with visual temptation. This means that a large majority of men react to images when it comes to women. It's not just about men with wandering eyes. Even the most religious of husbands, cannot help but notice a woman whose dress draws attention to her curves. Even if it is a furtive glance, the images are stored in the male mind and will come to mind without warning. Men can choose to dwell on these images and memories or ignore them, but they cannot control when they occur.
8. Men love romance, but don't think they're good at it. It's true that men may seem like they're not romantic, but that doesn't mean they want to be like that. Men want to be romantic, but they don't think they can be. They are beset by hesitation, the risk of being humiliated and the risk of failure. Women can greatly improve their husbands' confidence in this area through encouragement and defining romanticism. For example, a woman may be reluctant to follow her husband to a DIY (Do It Yourself) store, but if he seeks company, it is because he sees an opportunity to escape and do something with her. Don't you find it romantic?
9. Men are interested in the physical appearance of their women. Which isn't to say that all men want their women to look like models. What men want is for their wives to make an effort to take care of themselves (and not let go), because it is important to them (men!). Husbands appreciate their wives' efforts to remain attractive.
10. Men want their women to know how much they love them. This was the # 1 answer given by men. They don't have the confidence to say it, but they genuinely love their women. Men want to show that they love their women and want them to understand it.
▼ Recommended for you