Did you know how to minimize the risk of sitting in front of your computer?
Health, wellness and food
What are the good postures in front of a computer to avoid back pain?Updated on January 16, 2021, Seytoo
Adopting an ideal posture is essential for everyone who works with a computer. These positions not only prevent certain ailments such as back pain, they also combat them and considerably reduce the risks.
Factors causing back pain
Some of the causes of this pain include poor posture when working on the computer and prolonged use of various components such as the mouse and keyboard. These positions taken during exercise when they are not suitable can cause pain in the back as well as in the lower back, hand, arm, shoulder and many other parts of the body.
Recommended positions in front of the computer
Certain postures and arrangements reduce the risk of back pain while using the computer. However, great emphasis is placed on comfort in the sitting position. Thus, we must:
- use an adjustable chair which will adjust the seat taking into account the height of the desk
- sit at the back of the chair to allow good freedom of movement between the components
- have the thighs on the chair, feet flat on the ground or keep them with a footrest, thus maintaining the uprightness of the back which at the same time is favorable to good blood circulation.
- put the keyboard and the mouse at the same height
- position the computer screen in front of you so that it is neither too low nor too low.